Saturday, September 17, 2011

June to August, part 2


I want to talk to you about two things in this post: good food and the grand canyon.

One thing we made sure was part of our trip was good food{not expensive, just good}. We mapped out all our food stops even before we left. Tripadvisor and Urbanspoon gave us all the info we needed. We ate the best little hipster pizza place{The Tomato Head} in Knoxville. I still dream about that veggie pizza. We ate the absolute most amazing fried chicken in a place in Memphis{Gus' World Famous Fried Chicken}. It was down an alley and looked abandoned until you opened the door and the place was bustling. It was standing room only. for chicken. amazing. We also had breakfast the next morning in Memphis at this supppppper cute spot called Cockadoos. The atmosphere was so precious-it was like having coffee in the home section of Anthropologie. delightful. Then we had our much anticipated burger stop in Texas. Blue Sky Burgers. The people weren't too nice but the burger was great.





We also packed PB&J's and carrot sticks as to not eat out every single meal.


Then there was our stop at the Grand Canyon. I didn't really know what to expect. I'd heard great things-but I really wasn't prepared for how stunning it was. When you are there and you look out into the canyon for the first time-it really does take your breathaway. I couldn't get enough. And, I'm not what you would call outdoorsy.





If God uses rocks to show His glory to the world then how much more does he want to show His glory through you and me. That's what I kept thinking about that day at the Grand Canyon.

{God created the heavens and earth. God saw that it was good. God made us. God saw that it was very good. Genesis 1}

1 comment: