Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dog Days of October.

So, about 3 weeks ago I was scanning through a local Va Beach newspaper while waiting for a friend to arrive for our coffee date. To my surprise I saw a small ad that said, "DACHSHUND BEAUTY PAGEANT OCTOBER 17th on 24th ST VA BEACH." WHAT? REALLY? As you can imagine this was amazing news to me. So, I immediately circled the day on the calendar and began the count down.

I just love dachshunds.

Brian and I arrived about an hour before the pageant started(I wasn't sure what to expect so I just wanted to make sure I could get as close to these pups as possible!) When we arrived there were probably 4 dachshunds already there(with their owners, you know). Over the next 40 or so minutes 20 other dachshunds strolled in(most of them wearing cute little outfits). I was in absolute heaven. There was one point that all the cuteness got so intense that I shed a tear.

Here is a glimpse into this blessed day:






















Here are the the pageant judges:


Each dog and owner had to come onto the stage and share the dogs name and show any special tricks that the dog could do:






Here's the dogs waiting to hear who will be the winner!


And, here are the winners: 1st place is the far left. She was fancy! She could jump hoops and twirl!

Needless to say- it was a great afternoon. Oh and about half way through this event Brian leans over to me and says, "did you notice that that we are the only ones here that actually just came to watch- everyone else has a dog involved in this thing!?" ha. good times. just supporting the community events, you know.

5 comments:

  1. That is so fun(ny). :) So all of this begs a question, Brookie -- when are YOU getting a dachshund over your very own??

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) your greatest dream come true. The Lord is so good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh - i would have been in heaven! me and troy have 3 mini dachshunds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's about as close to heaven as u will get on this earth, friend. so happy that the Lord gave you that sweet surprise!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for dachshunds!!! i'm dying to get another one!!!!

    ReplyDelete