Saturday, October 31, 2009

things i love, lately....

*Have you heard of Francis Chan? He is the pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, CA. He also wrote Crazy Love and Forgotten God. The second one I just finished reading- it was excellent. excellent. For the past 2 months I have taken Francis with me on my morning walks(via the ipod of course). His sermons are all straight Bible teaching and have really spurred me on. He also talks a lot about how living for yourself will get you no where. Put a couple Francis Chan talks on your IPOD- it will encourage your heart to live more boldly for Christ.

*Today is Oct 31st and it's 82 degrees. i love that.

*I love reunions:


I got to spend the evening of my birthday with some very special women. I was so thankful. That same evening I got to spend time with my favorite Japanese couple and their baby:

*Retreating with our staff team.
We spent 2 cloudy days at a lake house but it was SO much fun:













*1 Peter Chapter One. So much good stuff just in one chapter. I love it.

*Saturday mornings to read blogs with a latte. Since I love paper products I love this blog: http://parcelpost.wordpress.com/ among many others.

1 comment:

  1. Brooke,
    Hey this is Sarah S. from East Asia! So fun to find your blog--your name has come up a lot lately as we're immensely enjoying your girl Heather over here, and also have reminisced quite a bit about your summer with us way back when! I'm also realizing we have lots in common...love of lattes, dogs, husbands (ha!), etc. Anyway, so neat to see glimpses of your lives and marriage. We love how y'all are faithfully serving the Lord in the very area Kevin grew up in! We're back for furlough next semester, it'd be fun to see you all at some point. We have a blog, too, if you're interested in keeping up with us--www.kevandsar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete