Friday, February 25, 2011

Thoughts on...



A couple weeks ago I prayed: "God would you make me a woman of peace". I want to be someone that:

*trusts Him deeply.

*doesn't have anxiety as the default setting.

*has a light heart.

*"...laughs at the time to come!" Proverbs 31:25 {Someone that doesn't worry about tomorrow but smiles, laughs, welcomes whatever God has next because she knows He is good}.


--Fast forward--

Just a few nights ago I was sitting with my dear friend Ginny in her apartment. Her phone rang and it was the girl that lives in the apartment right across the way from her. We were super exicted to see that is who was calling because just 3 days before this neighbor had given birth to her first baby. Ginny answered and to our surprise and delight she asked if Ginny wanted to come over and see the baby & so I tagged along too.


Within minutes of being welcomed into this strangers home I noticed something very different about her. She exuded peace. She had this peace about her- the peace I had been praying for. Even though she had this 72 hour baby in her arms. Even though she had family coming in and out and in and out seeing the baby. Even though she didn't have time to keep the house in order. Even though she had never been a mom before. She had this spirit about her- a spirit that was gentle, kind, others-focused, still. It was just so refreshing. She even offered to pray for us as we left.


Then, the next day I was listening to this sermon below with my friend Amy. It brought even more focus to my "peace" prayer and I felt like it put into words the type of woman that I had just met the night before. If you have 30 minutes-grab some coffee, chai, tea{peppermint tea is my thing right now, Merry Christmas to all} & listen to it! It really encouraged me and I think it will encourage you too! www.reviveourhearts.com/radio/roh/today.php?pid=9784

So thankful that God can create in us peaceful, restful hearts. Amen.


In other news, I love coffee now. About once a week over the past year I would get a coffee when I was out instead of a chai or tea. But, then Brian's mom gave us a Keurig for Christmas{pictured below}. I loveee my Keurig. I still only have coffee coffee 1-2 times a week but what I am really loving is decaf coffee at night. with a good book or amercian idol. {below you will find my picks for American Idol 2011}.

My top 5 picks:
Casey
Tim
Paul
Kendra
Julie

the end.

1 comment:

  1. hey b
    loving your blog lately. the thoughts, the pictures, the cute little typewriter "Peace and Coffee" logo.. love. love. love.

    excited to see you wednesday.

    ReplyDelete