Wednesday, July 15, 2009

53 hours and a Toyota Corolla

On June 15th, Brian and I headed out on our first ever road trip. We travelled from Virginia to Colorado! It was super fun and it only started feeling long when we got to Kansas. Kansas was really long!



Highlights from the road:
We got to catch up with our dear friends: Beth and Wes! It was super fun. They were so kind and hospitable.


This is beautiful Beth in the sunset. We were touring Wes's seminary- Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Great campus.


I woke up at 4am in Louisville, KY and felt like glass had been shattered in my eye. I could hardly open it- intense pain. After pretending to fall back asleep and act like it wasn't happening I decided to wake up Brian. He immediately took me to the ER. Turns out I had torn my cornea in my sleep somehow. For the next 3 days of the road trip I couldn't see out of my right eye. For a day and a half, of the 3 days, I wore an eye patch. It was one of those times when you are super glad you are in the middle of no where and there is no chance of running into anyone you know. Discharge coming out of your eye plus an eye patch with glasses over the eye patch so I can see out of the left eye = quite the sight.



While in Louisville we got to do a little taunting:



We also went to the St. Louis Arch museum- this qoute was in the museum and I thought it was perfect for our journey to the CO:


We made it!



And to Brian's JOY the Pittsburgh Pirates were playing in Denver the evening we arrived in Colorado. The Pirates lost- but we expected that. Still a grand evening.




1500 miles in a car with Brian was so fun! We are looking forward to the 1500 miles back in 2 weeks.

1 comment: