Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm starting a BLOG. I can't even believe it. But, the other night I stumbled across an excerpt from Donald Miller's new book(It will be out in September- you can read the 1st couple chapters on his blog). His book is called A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I just read the 1st few pages and it made me want to start documenting daily life--Here is what I read:

"The saddest thing about life is you don’t remember half of it. You don’t even remember half of half of it. Not even a tiny percentage, if you want to know the truth. I’ve got this friend Bob who writes down everything he remembers. If he remembers dropping an ice cream cone on his lap when he was seven, he’ll write it down. The last time I talked to Bob, he had written more than five hundred pages of memories. He’s the only guy I know who remembers his life. He said he captures memories because if he forgets them it’s as though they didn’t happen, it’s as though he hadn’t lived the parts he doesn’t remember.

I thought about that when he said it and I tried to remember something and I remembered getting a merit badge in Cub Scouts when I was seven, but that’s all I could remember. I got it for helping a neighbor cut down a tree. I’ll tell that to God when He asks what I did with my life. I’ll tell Him I cut down a tree and got a badge for it. He’ll most likely want to see the merit badge, but I lost it years ago and so when I’m done with my story God will probably sit there looking at me wondering what to talk about next. God and Bob will probably talk for days."

So, now the documenting begins! I don't want to miss the small & big things that God is doing in the every days of life.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the blog. LOVE more the pic of you at the hospital! haha miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Makes ya think doesn't it! I'm glad that u r blogging because now IIIIII don't miss the small and BIG things He does in your life! Now it will feel like I'm right beside ya in it all! :) yay! Love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete